Austin and Dallas events, April 17th (see below line)
Frustrated with things as they are, angry, ready for action but can’t go to D.C.? You can play a vital role along with your fellow activists. Read below and keep the fire inside burning!
- Not in DC for @DemAwakening ? Help spread the word, contact Congress, & tune in to the livestream: democracyawakening.org/solidarity #DemocracyAwakens
- Can’t make it to DC but still want to be a part of this wknd’s Democracy Awakening? Learn more: democracyawakening.org/solidarity
- #DemocracyAwakens this wknd — can’t join us in DC? Show your solidarity by taking action, wherever you are: democracyawakening.org/solidarity
- This weekend, #DemocracyAwakens – but if you can’t join the events in DC, that doesn’t mean you can’t be a part of the movement. Take action from wherever you are: help spread the word, contact Congress, and tune in to the livestream. [share: democracyawakening.org/solidarity]
- Today, thousands of people are headed to DC for the Democracy Awakening mobilization weekend. But democracy is awakening across the country. Here’s how you can take action even if you aren’t in DC today.
Got the fever and going to join fellow Texans in D.C.?
From Progressive Change Campaign Committee’s Adam Green about “Spring”
“…So far, so good. NBC, CNN, the New York Times, Associated Press, MSNBC, Vice, international media, and others covered our message. Millions have watched the live stream and Tweeted about this mass action…
Staying in Texas
Sunday, April 17, 1pm
to defend and strengthen our democracy of, by and for the people.
What are our goals?
To overturn U.S. Supreme Court rulings like Citizens United that have enabled billionaires and big business to spend literally without limit in their attempt to take over our elections. Support small donor/public funding of elections and return the power to the voters.
To demand that Congress do its constitutional duty and commit to a fair and timely confirmation process for the next Supreme Court justice. ” DO YOUR JOB!”
To fully restore the landmark 1965 Voting Rights Act that was gutted by the Supreme Court’s recent Shelby County decision, enabling states to reinstitute discriminatory Jim Crow-era laws. Support the Voter Empowerment Act of 2015.
POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER – AUSTIN-Sunday, April 17, 1pm
bit.ly/DemAwakeningAustin CHECK HERE FOR new date, MAY 1st, details
DALLAS-Sunday, April 17, 1pm
WEATHER: Our event is inside but the march may have to be cancelled.
The Dallas rally will include speakers, such as Arthur Fleming, (NAACP); David Griggs, (Sierra Cub); Mark York, (Dallas AFL-CIO), Herb Keener (CWA 6215) Liz Wally, (Clean Elections Texas), Kali Cohn, (American Constitution Society), Magda Cruz (North Texas LULAC) as well as activities, voter registration and a voter’s quiz game, Stamp STAMPEDE, tables with information and a march to Lee Park. Questions? Liz Wally, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join or support us as we move from this event to preparing for our next legislative session – you know that means we need all the help we can get!
Liz Wally, Executive Director