DONATE TO CLEAN ELECTIONS TEXAS EDUCATION FUND ON NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY!
New this year – you can schedule your donation in advance, and avoid the rush on Sept. 20! Click here!
Meeting in Rep Rafael Anchia’s office
This year Clean Elections Texas Education Fund is providing a valuable service in our community. We are meeting with legislators and other elected officials to educate them regarding voter registration, election security, and gerrymandering. In addition, we are speaking at meetings and events throughout the community to educate the public on campaign finance, and in particular, the public funding option.
Topics and activities include:
• Educate the public and local officials regarding the need for improved cybersecurity in local elections and the need for a paper ballot back-up to verify every vote cast
• Call on Legislative Representatives to promote the update of elections laws and regulations to reflect best election security practices
• Meet with Dallas and Collin County Election Administrators regarding upgrading voter systems to include hardware, software, training, and security best practices
• Educate Dallas and Collin County Commissioners on cybersecurity and recommendations provided by experts in cybersecurity
• Talk with local legislators about getting money for the new voter machines and software
• Encourage cybersecurity training for all elections officials on an ongoing basis
• Promote a voter system in which the voter will be able to visually verify the accuracy of their vote tabulation before the paper ballot is scanned into the counting system
• Advocate for audits to be conducted on the vote counter during voting days and before tabulated votes are taken to the central office, as well as post-election audits
• Work with Dallas County in trying out Vote Centers to eliminate confusion among voters and provide a more cost effective system
• Participate in Voter Registration Campaign through flyers, tweets, on-line advocacy, and meeting announcements
• Hold ‘Your Vote Counts’ campaigns to encourage vigorous citizen participation in elections
The Influence of Money on Our Democracy
We are growing at a fast pace and taking advantage of the clamor against the huge influx of money into our campaigns. Before people can decide on a solution, they need to understand the problem. We are helping people understand the many and varied ways that money flows into political campaigns, the current campaign finance laws, the history of campaign finance decisions from the Supreme Court, and the impact of this money on campaigns and legislation. We help people explore possible solutions and introduce them to the option of public funding and how it works in various states and cities.
Clean Elections Texas Education Fund, or CETEF, is a 501(c)(3) organization and is a separate organization from Clean Elections Texas, or CETex, although we share many of the same goals. CETEF is governed by a Board of Directors and also as an Advisory Board.
CETEF is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to educating Texans about the way our elections work, the role money plays in elections, and the option of public funding.
CETEF’s goals are: 1. research and education for the voters about the role of money in elections in Texas; 2. offering information to the public about the option of public financing for political campaigns; and 3. encouragement of a more transparent government process in Texas.
Join CETEF to help us educate voters and elected officials about influence of special interest money on our politicians and policies in Texas, as well as the importance of voting, transparency, and redistricting! You can support our efforts by clicking the Donate button. Please consider a monthly contribution! Contact us with any questions or concerns.
Your gift to Clean Elections Texas Education Fund is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Clean Elections Texas Ed Fund or CETEF
P.O. Box 603042
Dallas, TX 75360